We have the PERFECT breakfast for you on-the-go parents--and you AND the kiddos will love it!
Overnight Oats are a family fav. They're SO yummy and super easy. The best part is you can use the same base and customize each jar to your kids' favorite flavors.
This overnight oat base from Organize Yourself Skinny is absolutely amazing. It's the perfect texture and super simple so you can build off it and explore lots of different flavors. On her blog, Tammy answers questions like what oats are best for overnight oats, what type of container you should use, and how far in advance you can make them! She even provides several recipe ideas to try like Banana Split, Pumpkin Chocolate, and Salted Turtle (drool, I know).
We made her Almond Joy Overnight Oatmeal and it was to DIE for. Scroll down for the recipe from organizeyourselfskinny.com!
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1-teaspoon chia seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup, divided
- 5 almonds, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon chocolate chips
- In a 16-ounce mason jar stir together the rolled oats, cocoa powder, and chia seeds.
- Next add the coconut milk, both extracts, and 2 teaspoons of maple syrup. Stir until combined.
- Place the lid on and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 hours or overnight.
- Remove lid and stir the oats. Add in the 1 teaspoon of pure maple syrup and a little more coconut milk to loosen up the oats. Add enough liquid until you get the consistency you like.
- Add the almonds, shredded coconut, and chocolate chips. Enjoy.
Serving size: 1 jar
Saturated fat: 6