HAPPY HOLIDAYS! This is our favorite time of year and right now we're all about peppermint everything, specifically a chocolate peppermint milkshake (drool). This week as we sat staring at pictures of those yummy milkshakes, knowing full well we would pay to have a bloated, upset tummy after, we decided to make our own! This recipe is perfect, especially for you lactose-intolerant or vegan mamas/families out there. It's simple, yummy, and the kiddos won't be able to tell the difference.
Our secret ingredient is Califia Farms Dairy-Free Mint Cocoa Almond Milk Creamer. It is dairy-free, vegan-friendly, and only made with minimal, clean ingredients. Click here to learn more about Calfia's Almond Milk Creamers. It's a holiday staple in our house.
HEALTHY, DAIRY-FREE CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT SHAKE
Yields: 1 serving
Prep-time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 of a frozen banana
- 4oz (1/2 a cup) of almond milk
- 4oz (1/2 a cup) of Califia Farms Dairy-Free Mint Cocoa Almond Milk Creamer
- 3/4 scoop of your favorite chocolate pea protein
- a handful of ice (the more you add the thicker your shake will be!)
- coconut whipped cream (optional)
- cacao nibs or peppermint candy chunks (optional)
- Add frozen banana, almond milk, creamer, protein, and ice into a blender.
- Blend until smooth (about 1 minute).
- Pour/scoop into a cup and top with whipped cream and toppings.